WHAT IS ONLINE ADVERTISING?
It’s a marketing strategy which includes using the Internet as a resource with the purpose to send a message directly to the consumers.
The growth of Internet advertising started in the 1990s when in 1994 the world saw the first banner advertisements. Small and large businesses had an intention to promote their services and products quickly avoiding all geographical limits.
ONLINE ADVERTISING CONTAINS:
- Banner or display adverts (they stand out extremely remarkable on the webpage);
- Pages from the results of Search engines;
- classified adverts;
- contextual adverts;
- e-mail spam;
- Advertisements in social networks.
It is necessary to be acquainted with up-to-date information concerning online advertising in order to be sure in the success of your campaign. The latest changes are:
- Text ads in AdWords have become longer (the description now could contain 80 characters)
- Use A/B testing to adapt your advertisement
- Price extensions highlight prices and could be viewed by customers within AdWords adverts.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO BEFORE JUMPING INTO PAID ONLINE ADVERTISING:
As paid adverts represent a perfect way to guide more traffic and leads, every website owner wants to increase their business and in this case, it’s important to get the most of your paid adverts. And for this goal it’s necessary:
- To have a clear understanding of how it all works, especially keywords. You have to know all benefits of using Google AdWords tool.
- To know the territory. It means that it’s possible to purchase ads in many places and to choose the right one it’s recommended to know kinds of paid adverts. Among the most popular places for online advertising it is worth mentioning Google AdWords, Bing or Yahoo, Facebook, and LinkedIn (for social advertising), StumbleUpon, BuySellAds (offers taking a space for a rent on the website or a blog), Direct Buy.
- To be able to see and understand how each of your advertisement works. Possibility to track everything in the Internet advertising is very beneficial for website’s owners. If you don’t know anything about this, start with using Google Analytics. Also, it’s possible to track with the help of Kissmetrics.
- To create your own landing page. Don’t think that it’s a good idea to send your visitors to your homepage. Working with online advertising it’s necessary to create a specific page on the website customized for visitors. Don’t forget about a clear call to action on that page.
- To choose periods when you’ll be reviewing your results. You shouldn’t do it every day as you won’t see accurate data. It’s advisable to use spreadsheets in order to track the statistics.
- To set your budget and prepare a long-lasted plan with the purpose to achieve successful results.