40+ WordPress Tutorial For Developers To Learn Basic And Advanced Techniques. Want to customize your WordPress theme, customize your dashboard area for clients, learn plugin or theme development these WordPress Tutorial For Developers will help you learn new skills.
In this article, I am going to share a list of some best WordPress tutorial for developers. If you are an absolute beginner and planning to learn WordPress development, these beginner tutorials will help you learn WordPress development.
- How To Create Child Theme In WordPress is a step by step tutorial for beginners. If you want to learn how to customize your WordPress theme without losing any changes, you should read this tutorial. The WordPress Dashboard is a great place to see updates or any kind of information related to your activity. In this tutorial, we’ll see how to dispose of default widgets and how to create your own custom widgets.
- Coding Safe Themes with Built-In WordPress Functions: For dedicated WordPress plugin and theme developers, security must be at the top of their mind in every line of code they write. Learn some important things in this article.
- Conditional Tags to Load Styles and Scripts in WordPress: Maria Antonietta Perna shows how to use conditional tags in WordPress themes to load styles and scripts only when needed for better website performance.
- Deploy & Manage Multiple WordPress Sites with ServerPilot: Do you manage multiple WordPress sites on multiple servers? We’re taking a look at ServerPilot, a tool for deploying and managing your installations.
- Advanced WP-CLI Tricks: The WordPress admin bar can get messy once you have lots of plugins. Easily clean it up with these simple functions.
- WordPress Translation For Themes and Plugins Made Easy with Poedit: Setting your WordPress theme or plugin up to be translatable can help expand the market for your product. And it couldn’t be easier to do using Poedit.
- WordPress Developer’s Intro To Docker: In order to follow this tutorial, make sure you have Docker installed and working on your development computer (verify it by running
$ docker -vin your command line)
- Removing Items From the WordPress Admin Bars: These tutorials by WPShout will help you to become an advanced WordPress developer.
- How to Create Custom WordPress Shortcodes for Your Editors
- Web Developer Training Videos by iThemes: This series of videos by iThemes offers a comprehensive introduction to WordPress web design and development.
- How to use Font Awesome Icon Fonts in WordPress. You will learn to incorporate and use very popular and free Font Awesome icon font in your WordPress theme.
- How to incorporate Co-Author Plus in your WordPress Theme Co-Author Plus is a free plugin to easily manage multiple author blog. If you accept guest post on your blog, Co-Author Plus can be a very useful plugin. We are also using this plugin here at JustLearnWP.
- Supercharge Your Local WordPress Workflow With Gulp and Browser-sync Installing WordPress locally is simple and easy, there are different tools available to install and set up WordPress locally. In this screencast tutorial, Adi Purdila is going to show you how to work more efficiently with WordPress, specifically when developing locally.
- How to Customize the WordPress Admin Aurélien Denis explains some of the more advanced ways to customize WordPress and share some super-easy customization techniques for the WordPress Admin area.
- How to customize WordPress Theme series This is a 9 part series for the beginner by PressCoders. Beginner WordPress developer should read this series to learn how to edit different files of WordPress themes.
- How to customize a WordPress theme using Chrome developer tools Chrome is a very popular browser with easy to use development tools for web developers. You can use chrome developer tools to quickly edit styles with CSS. This tutorial explains everything in detail.
- The Right Way to Customize a WordPress Plugin Ian Dunn is a WordPress developer, he has published this tutorial on his blog. If you are planning to learn WordPress plugin development, read this article some best practices.
- Making an Original Corporate Theme in WordPress: The Homepage and About Page This is a two-part tutorial series by Barış Ünver. If you want to learn about WordPress theme development, you must read these tutorials.
- Creating a WordPress Theme from Static HTML: Adding Featured Images This is another series of tutorials about WordPress theme development for beginners. In this article, you will learn how to use featured images in your theme.
- WordPress Development With VVV <q>VVV is preset of the Vagrant configuration geared toward WordPress-centric projects such as developing a theme, a plugin, or contributing to WordPress Core. </q>
- Creating Custom WordPress Administration Pages Series This series is written by Tom McFarlin editor of TutsPlus WordPress channel.
- The Complete Guide to the WordPress Settings API In this series, Tom McFarlin is going to take a deep dive into the WordPress Settings API. You will learn what it is, why it matters, and how to leverage it in our work.
- Installing AMP in WordPress In October 2015, Google announced 1. AMP or Accelerated Mobile Pages as an open-source initiative to provide faster mobile web browsing. The AMP Project project enables the creation of websites and ads that are consistently fast, beautiful and high-performing across devices and distribution platforms. In this tutorial, You will learn how to install and setup WordPress AMP Plugin to make your website load faster on mobile devices.
- Useful Tips To Get Started With WordPress Hooks If you have learned some basics of WordPress theme development, it’s time to learn about some other advanced topics.
- WordPress CSS Tricks: CSS Typography Mask, Clip Paths & More In this article, SAYLOR BULLINGTON share some CSS tricks and techniques to style your headings, text, and images.
- 40+ Most Wanted WordPress Tricks and Hacks This is a list article, you can find a list of articles and tutorials to learn different WordPress techniques.
- Powerful WordPress Tips And Tricks Daniel Pataki shares 21 advanced CSS and PHP tips and tricks for WordPress developers.
- 6 Easy WordPress CSS Tricks You Can Use in Update 4.7 WordPress 4.7 allows you to add custom CSS styles without installing any additional plugin, In this article, you will learn how to change text highlight color, create Rounded Corners on Images, style the first paragraph of a post and some other CSS tips.
- Advanced CSS tricks and techniques In this article, you can learn how to use SVG for icons, curve text around a floated image, the style has broken images and other tips.
- Super useful WooCommerce code snippets WooCommerce is a free plugin to create an online store with WordPress. If you are using WooCommerce, you can customize different section of your store, in this article, you will find 10 tips.
- HOW TO CREATE A WORDPRESS WIDGET Custom widgets are fantastic additions to all WordPress themes and plugins, and they are relatively easy to create, once you have the know how. This tutorial will walk you through the steps needed to create just about any kind of widget.
- How to Build Custom Dashboard Widgets If you are building websites for clients, You can add a custom widget in the admin to display your contact info or any other information.
- How To Add Font Awesome Icons To WordPress Manually Or With Plugins: In this tutorial, you will learn how can you add popular FonAwesome icons to any page, post or widget area.
- Creating Better, Faster And More Optimized WordPress Websites: In this article, Brian Jackson will guide you to build faster websites with WordPress because visitors and Google hate slow websites.
- Jekyll For WordPress Developers: Jekyll is a very popular static site generator, You can also start a blog with Jekyll. Best thing is that you can host your blog free at GitHub pages.
- How To Make WordPress Hard For Clients To Mess Up: If you are building websites for clients, Don’t forget to lock some areas, especially theme and plugin editor section.
- How to Deploy a WordPress Plugin From TravisCI to WordPress.org: This tutorial is not for beginner WordPress developers, if you want to learn Plugin development, you should read this tutorial.
- Internationalization for Your WordPress Theme: When Building WordPress themes, don’t forget to make them translation ready. Your theme should be ready for sites in different languages.
- Don’t be “clever” with the translatable strings in your WordPress plugin or theme: Bjørn Johansen translate a lot of WordPress themes and plugins, He sometimes come across plugins who try to be clever with their translations. This tends to not work so well in reality. This is a must-read the article for plugin and theme developers.
- How to create a WordPress website – Infographic Don’t like reading long articles, check out this infographic.
This is a list of some best WordPress tutorial for developers to learn basics and advanced skills. I hope, you will enjoy reading these awesome step by step tutorials.